Far Cry ® 2, the next-generation first-person shooter from Ubisoft, will take you deep into the most beautiful but also most hostile environments in the world: Africa! More than just a visual and technological achievement, Far Cry ® 2, the true sequel to the award-winning PC game, will provide you with an unprecedented gaming experience.
Caught between two rival factions in war-torn Africa, you are sent to take out "The Jackal," a mysterious character who has rekindled the conflict between the warlords, jeopardizing thousands of lives. In order to fulfil your mission you will have to play the factions against each other, identify and exploit your their weaknesses, and neutralize their superior numbers and firepower with surprise, subversion, cunning and, of course, brute force.
- Discover for yourself how fire brings a new level to the usual FPS gameplay.
- The true sequel to the award winning PC game.
- Freedom to roam in more than 50km2 without any loading.
- Set in the breath taking Africa but also one of the most hostile environments in the world.
A well developed game, great immersion in the world, and some brilliant characters to go with it.
- Massive world to explore
- Fairly open gameplay with side quests and cases of diamonds to find
- Vehicles to drive (cars, jeeps, trucks, boats)
- Great effects that help with immersion (screen blur after sprinting too long)
- Variety of weapons to choose from
- As with games like Freelancer, the traveling to your next waypoint can get quite irritating at times. That said, there are bus routes to various points around the world, even still you will quite often need to spend a good 5-10 minutes driving, or more walking
- Guardposts respawn pretty fast so youll be fighting the same dudes many times
This game was good fun with an interesting storyline to boot. Forcing enemies out of hiding by setting fields on fire is my personal favourite thing that came out of this along with stunning graphics and scenery.
There is a fairly high requirement when it comes to performance, but the game runs fine on high for me using a 3-4 year old computer (nVidia geforce 8600, 2 gb ram)
Random listing from 'Games & Puzzles'...
Long ago, in the land of Flanaess an evil demoness founded a cult dedicated to exploring evil in its most elemental forms. This cult was based in a temple just outside the village of Hommlet in a vile shire known as Nulb. Soon, this cult ruled the region with tyranny; times of chaos and violence ensued. Hard-fought battles were ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?"