|YOU ARE HERE : Home > Categories > Games & Puzzles > PC > Far Cry 2|
|ProdID: 2335 - Far Cry 2Developed byUbisoft||Product Score: 7.8|
Far Cry® 2, the next-generation first-person shooter from Ubisoft, will take you deep into the most beautiful but also most hostile environments in the world: Africa! More than just a visual and technological achievement, Far Cry® 2, the true sequel to the award-winning PC game, will provide you with an unprecedented gaming experience.
Caught between two rival factions in war-torn Africa, you are sent to take out "The Jackal," a mysterious character who has rekindled the conflict between the warlords, jeopardizing thousands of lives. In order to fulfil your mission you will have to play the factions against each other, identify and exploit your their weaknesses, and neutralize their superior numbers and firepower with surprise, subversion, cunning and, of course, brute force.
- Discover for yourself how fire brings a new level to the usual FPS gameplay.
- The true sequel to the award winning PC game.
- Freedom to roam in more than 50km2 without any loading.
- Set in the breath taking Africa but also one of the most hostile environments in the world.
A well developed game, great immersion in the world, and some brilliant characters to go with it.
- Massive world to explore
- Fairly open gameplay with side quests and cases of diamonds to find
- Vehicles to drive (cars, jeeps, trucks, boats)
- Great effects that help with immersion (screen blur after sprinting too long)
- Variety of weapons to choose from
- As with games like Freelancer, the traveling to your next waypoint can get quite irritating at times. That said, there are bus routes to various points around the world, even still you will quite often need to spend a good 5-10 minutes driving, or more walking
- Guardposts respawn pretty fast so youll be fighting the same dudes many times
This game was good fun with an interesting storyline to boot. Forcing enemies out of hiding by setting fields on fire is my personal favourite thing that came out of this along with stunning graphics and scenery.
There is a fairly high requirement when it comes to performance, but the game runs fine on high for me using a 3-4 year old computer (nVidia geforce 8600, 2 gb ram)
|Printed at 10:51:27am on Thursday 17th October 2019|