• New: Performs Spiderman's web slinging maneuver with appropriate sound effects
• Comes with a 67 function remote to make him walk, strikes, throw, grab and dance
• He features special Spider-Man armour and a vocabulary of 'Spider-Man' phrases
• When in Listen mode (guard), respond to sounds in the room and execute a user programmed series of moves
• Responds to a press of any of his touch sensors and execute a user programmed series of moves
• Can pick things up and throw them
• Dance, burp, fart, roar, talk and much more
• He has fast dynamic 2-speed walking and turning and has full-function arms
• Fully programmable by remote with up to 84 program steps with 4 program modes for advanced operations
• Spidersapien also includes a sound sensor for listening
• Requires 4 x 'D' (in Robo) & 3 x 'AAA' batteries (in Remote) and has extended battery life
• Batteries not included
• Does not climb walls, stick to ceilings, swing on or shoot webs, or chase after bad guys.
He is really cool, because I haven't had my own robot before. I liked the way it could pick up things and throw them. I thought his dancing was funny and I would like to take him to a disco. I really like his flap that makes his face look more like Spiderman's mask. It's funny how we waddles like the penguins we saw at Kelly Tarlton's.
It was cool how he says "My spider sense is tingling" and walks backwards as well.
After playing with the RoboSapien v2 I was hooked... Robos are awesome! With my young son about to have his 7th birthday, and being a total Spiderman fan, this was just too good a toy to turn away... so it was time to play-test the niftiest robo yet.
Sure, this is a modified version 1 model, and as such it isn't quite as versatile as the v2, but with the customisations built in to make it Spidey-fied, it gains a lot in the 'fun factor' rating.
As with the other Robos, this one has a guard mode... always a favourite for those with a twisted sense of humour and nocturnally-active pets or flatmates. I don't think my cat will EVER forgive me for leaving this on 'Guard' by the front door... which is all too close to her catflap. -snigger- When I turned it off and packed it away the following morning, she snuck out from under the table, gave me the ultimate evil glare, and bolted for her potty-spot as though the world's fastest pitbull was after her.
Overall, I was a little disappointed I couldn't make this little fella climb walls, but with the clever application of a suitable web-slinger toy and some duct tape, I fugure I can at least make him wander around spraying webs at unwary victims, erm, I mean friends and family. Lots of fun, and if you have any of the other Robo toys, get them all communicating, line-dancing, whatever it takes to entertain you after a few beers or wines. I know we were howling with laughter at some of the tricks we had them all doing in the office... One hint tho... he doesn't like sudden impacts, so DO NOT walk him into the bathroom when it is occupied... under ANY circumstances... found that one out the hard way.
Random listing from 'Toys'...
Re-run the ultimate race as either Lightning McQueen or The King as you battle to score the most laps, or complete the race in the fastest time.
Scale of track: 1:43
Scale of cars: 1:43
Dimensions when assembled: 8.30 x 2.33 ft.
Track length: 17.7 ft.
• 1 Disney Cars ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the Knock Out News Group. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, on the premise that they have been submitted as the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
" ? , !"