Get started with video Instant Messaging (IM) in a snap!
No question about it, your notebook computer is big part of your daily life. Email, the Web, and IM keep you connected with friends and family - but what if you could see and hear them, too? Video IM is the way to go, and the QuickCam for Notebooks adds that dimension to your Internet experience. It works with all popular IM and video calling services, and provides super clear VGA video and integrated audio.
• See your friends and family with crisp VGA images.
• Add live video to your favorite instant messenger: MSN Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger (AIM), Yahoo! Messenger, and Windows Messenger.
• Speak and be heard with the integrated microphone; no extra parts to connect or lose.
• Get started quickly with Logitech's easy set-up.
• Attach to any notebook with the adjustable clip (14mm max), and rotate to almost any angle.
• Take 1.3 megapixel* still pictures with the integrated snapshot button.
• Keep images sharp regardless of distance with the adjustable focus ring.
• Know when you're 'live' with the illuminated activity light.
• Protect the camera with the included neoprene travel case
Benefit from Logitech's wealth of experience - we make the world's best-selling WebCams!
This was by far the best webcam I have ever attached to my laptop. The compact size reminds me of Doctor Who's TARDIS, there is just so much more inside this tiny case than you could imagine. At the rate they are shrinking the chips and CCDs, pretty soon this unit will become redundant, all the same features will be presented, wireless, as a small stick-on patch you can place nearly anywhere. But until that day arrives, this is certainly a top-line choice for any travelling exec or salesperson. The image is very high resolution and very crisp, and yes, it has a microphone built in. The mic is very sensitive, almost too sensitive at times. When I calibrated it using my IM client's inbuilt configuration utils, I had to wind the microphone down to it's second-lowest setting to avoid deafening my mate at the other end of the chat. The unit is tiny, light, really easy to work with, and if you look at the big picture it's absolutely brilliant. For the home user though, forget it, it's a bit overkill unless you like the 'nearly invisible' look, in which case you would have bought a laptop with webcam/mic built into the screenframe. For those on the go, get the boss to buy you this, you won't regret it. The only real warning I have to point out is, make sure you have plenty of light on your face. This camera doesn't work too well in anything under 100w room-lighting, or at least 60w aimed directly at your face.
Random listing from 'Computer Hardware'...
Connect to a new generation of speed, coverage, and efficiency with our best Wireless AC modem/router.
• Built-in ADSL2/2+ Modem & Configurable LAN/WAN Ports for NBN/UFB Support
• Wireless AC Technology for Superior Wireless ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"If the temperature is zero outside today and it's going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be?"