Watch TV on your Desktop PC
How would you like to watch your favourite TV programs on your desktop computer?
This ingenious card allows you to view, record and more.
• Uses 10-bit video resolution chip that supports global broadcasting audio coding function
• Adjust picture size freely, highest resolution up to800 x 600, 24 bit true color
• Comes with AV and s-video input port, capable of watching images of TV/Video
• Watch TV on a PC
• Use your PC as a video recorder to capture & record TV programs (subject to copyright)
• Full channel scanning with up to 136 channels receivable
• Plug & play and supports Windows 2000 / XP
• Smoothly capture motion & still images
• With AV & S-Video inputs
• Set your favourite TV show as your desktop background
• Operating System : Windows 2000/XP
• CPU : Pentium III 800MHz equivalent or higher
• RAM : 256MB
• HDD : 4GB or higher recommended
• Video Card : Geforce II, 32MB equivalent or higher
This is quite simply one of the easiest TV tuner and video capture cards I have ever set up, just plug it in, run the installation off the CD, plug in the aerial, run the tuner software, and scan for some TV stations.
When they warn you that it can sense some signals that ordinary TV can't they aren't kidding, with the 7-8 channels we can normally pickup (including encrypted pay TV channels) the Tuner software detected 26 signals! One thing to note is that a signal does not mean a TV signal, so once all the signals were detected I killed off the non-channels, and had 4 channels at the same quality if not higher than we get on the TV.
I did have some issues when it came to recording, but these issues are easily resolved by using some high-end applications, in order to get the best results, as it only comes with the basic toolkit. Professionals be aware!
But aside from that minor problem, this is a great piece of kit for the home user who just wants real, non-internet TV on the PC.
Random listing from 'Computer Hardware'...
The Targus ExpressCard Notebook Docking Station with Digital Video and Audio has a number of features to maximise the capabilities of your workstation. The new ExpressCard technology provides a high-speed interface and has the capability to transfer data up to 5 gigabits a second (Five times faster than typical USB 2.0 docking stations).
It also includes digital video and audio connections. Two high-speed, 'Always On' USB power ports ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."