High Speed USB 2.0 Memory Card Reader. Reads all memory cards.
• USB 2.0/1.1 interface, access speed reaches up to 480Mb/s
• USB bus powered, AC power adapter is not required
• Supports hot swapping of memory cards
• With POWER and ACCESS LED indicators
• Transfer data between cards in different sockets
Minimum System Requirements:
• USB 2.0 or 1.1 port
• Note: Legacy Win98 drivers available from ftp://ftp.swann.com.au/drivers/usb2/
• Pentium II 300 MHz equivalent or higher
• Windows ME/2000/XP
• Mac G3 300MHz or higher
• Mac OS 9.2 (USB 1.1)
• Mac OS10.2 (USB 2.0)
This is the next logical setp up from the Platinum Range : 11-in-1 Memory Card Reader and what a step up it is, not only does it support all current memory cards, but it looks so stylish at the same time.
Once again installation is a snap, just plug it in and off you go. Once it is picked up and installed by your operating system you will have 4 new drives available to you, with each drive relating to a slot on the front of the reader. Each slot is appropriately marked identifying which card goes in which slot, and the access LED will light up to let you know once it's found the card.
The USB 2.0 interface allows for speeds up to 480Mb/s, but be aware that most likely you will get transfer speeds lower than this.
In a test Transfer that I performed a 9.81MB zip file took 13.33 secs to transfer from my HDD to a 16MB XD Memory Card. Of course if you only have USB 1.1 then expect slower performance.
But overall this is a very nice device and one that will come in very handy for me.
Random listing from 'Computer Hardware'...
• Available in 4GB configuration
• Fast 20 MB/second sequential read/write speed*
• Extended temperature tested: -25deg C to -85deg C (-13deg F to 185deg F)
• Includes key chain holder
• Includes RescuePRO Deluxe ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."