- Notes: Speed up researching with the new Notes features.
- FastForward and Rewind : Let the browser anticipate where you may want to go next.
- Slideshow: To see photos full-screen, simply invoke OperaShow.
- Improved standards support: The standards support in Opera 7 has been improved.
- Extended and improved drag-and-drop support
- Built-in search utility
- Refuse pop-ups
- Skinning: Download Opera skins
- Mouse gestures: Smart and fast mouse gesture recognition.
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Spatial Navigation: By combining the SHIFT and arrow keys on the keyboard, users can easily move to links or any other navigational element on a page.
- M2 mail client: Opera's mail client automatically categorizes and sorts e-mail messages, has an integrated spam filter, and supports POP3, IMAP, and ESMTP.
- The Wand password manager: Opera now offers one-click log-in to password protected sites.
- Window management: Users can save different window combinations as window sessions.
- Multiple or single user accounts
- Multiple user style sheets
- Security: Opera supports Secure Socket Layer (SSL) versions 2 and 3, and Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- Hotlist: Bookmarks and history, windows sessions and e-mail can be now be managed via the Hotlist.
- Much, much more....
Opera, the worlds fastest web browser, apparently. I have been using Opera for a while, and seen it go through many facelifts and changes, I admit I really like the latest incarnation. A combined browser and email client, that if you are unfortunate enough to crash while browsing, will take you back to what you were looking at. Microsoft should take note.
Opera is also a very compact, 3.4meg download, or about 12 meg with Java, you dont have to worry about spending a couple of hours downloading the latest version.
Other great features that the Opera Team have included are, mouse gestures, which allow you to go back and forth between pages quickly, bypassing the back button on the browser, ideal for all you news junkies, a resume function for downloads, which can be a great boon, there is nothing like loosing a download 95% through like on some other browsers. Another feature I like is the search engine link in the toolbar which saves a lot of waiting time.
Also the fact that all windows open up within the main client, makes Opera so much more user friendly. Opera is also the most translated browser available according to their official website.
A free version is available which comes with a small advertising window in the tool bar.
Random listing from 'Software'...
The complete design environment for print and Web publishing
The Adobe ® Creative Suite is an integrated design environment that combines full, new versions of Adobe's latest creative tools with innovative file-management features, a smooth Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) workflow, and comprehensive design ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"I like this place, and willingly would waste my time in it."
William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), As You Like It