The mydlink-enabled Wireless N Network Camera comes with everything you need to quickly add a surveillance camera to your home or small office network. It works right out of the box.
• Easily view and manage your camera from mydlink.com
• Compact design with night vision that lets you view 24/7
• Wireless connectivity
• Ready to use in just 3 simple steps
• Works with mydlink iphone/android or android app for on the go viewing
It is as simple as connecting the cables, plugging in the camera, running the short installation wizard and you are ready to go. To view what the camera is viewing you simply log on to mydlink.com, choose your device and start viewing - there is no need to configure your router to open up ports or remember hard-to-memorize internet addresses.
Benefits of myDlink:
• myDlink products are created for people who long to embrace a world connected through the Internet, but are afraid they lack the technical expertise to do so. mydlink products remove the learning curve that is typically associated with today's high-tech devices because they are truly Plug-and-Play compatible with zero or extremely easy configuration. mydlink provides you easy and straightforward access to your digital life all from our intuitive, convenient website (au.mydlink.com). mydlink makes it easy to get the most from your digital lifestyle without the learning curve.
• As a mydlink-enabled device, you can access the DCS-932L anytime, anywhere you have Internet access. Get peace of mind by keeping an eye on your kids, pets, home or office from almost anywhere by simply logging on to the mydlink website and selecting your camera. Since the DCS-932L comes with a built-in microphone, you can see and hear for yourself that everything is well at home.
• For advanced users that want more out of their camera, the DCS-932L also comes with D-Link D-ViewCam management software for Windows PCs. D-ViewCam comes with a host of features including the ability to record directly from the camera to a local hard drive, trigger motion detection, set recording schedules, set e-mail alert notifications, and even support for up to 32 cameras. D-ViewCam also allows you to upload a floor plan of your home or small business and create a realistic layout of where your cameras are located, providing you with better access to your camera. For even greater recording flexibility, D-ViewCam can record video directly to a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device, eliminating the need for a dedicated computer to store video.
In 2012 and 2013 we were burgled on three separate occasions; our home, our garage and then our car. Each time the culprits did not clean us out but did take items that would be beneficial for easy money, things such as our GPS units, laptops, cellphones, wallets, chainsaw, gaming equipment and more. Each time the local Police would come and finger-print our property (although some-times this would take them up to three days before they did) and of course each time, nothing was ever recovered.
My husband works as a seasonal worker, working night-shift. We have a well secured property and a large dog, but this obviously does not deter a thief on a mission. We have children, and the stress of being at home alone at nights was beginning to wear thin. So when D-Link sent a number of goodies to KIWIreviews for review, one of which is this hand little camera, I immediately applied. The opportunity to not only review a fantastic little gadget but also to review something that would add both security to my home and some piece of mind to myself and family, was not to be passed up. So I put my application in, and was over the moon when it was accepted.
A few days later my little package arrived. It comes in a simple box, with everything you need included, and according to the box (or instruction leaflet, if you feel the need to want to read it lol), installation is as easy as 1, 2, 3. And yes it really is that easy. However, although it is easy to set up, it did take us a little longer than it should. All cables are included, but my silly laptop was not compatible, and we had to set up our old dinosaur desktop computer in order to install the camera. This, to be honest, to me seemed a little odd. But this was definitely due to my laptop lacking in the needed ports for installation, not because of the camera or D-Link.
Once installed, which took longer than usual, but not overly long, this camera is simply awesome! Not only does it show you what you need to see during the day, but it also has night vision. It was the night vision I was the most excited about. The picture quality, as expected during the day, is great, and the night vision quality is absolutely brilliant - I admit to being quite surprised at how good it was for night time to be honest. The audio is not to bad, although there did seem to be a little bit of static, but I do not know if this is a problem with the network,, the camera or D-Link. It is a little frustrating but as I did not really need to use the camera for audio, it did not bother me to much.
This is a great little camera, that not only looks great, works both day and night, but also has really good coverage, and it also has the ability to extend your wireless internet coverage, which is pretty awesome, as our internet coverage in our home is pretty poor. It is easy to set up, easy to use, and does a really good job. I am really happy with this camera, and my kids also love that when we do go away, using the andriod apps we can check in on our cat and dog and see what they are up to too. The price also is pretty good for all it does. So slight hic-cup with the set-up and static aside, this really is a fantastic little camera, worth every cent. If you want the benefit of added security and piece of mind for your home or office then I definitely give this camera two thumbs up
Random listing from 'Safety and Security'...
DVR4-4400 4 Channel 720p Digital Video Recorder allowing you to capture High Definition video in real-time. Comes with a pre-installed 500GB HDD and includes 4 x 720p Cameras. High Def HDMI & VGA output and Smartphone viewing. Be protected & see every detail in 720p Full HD
• A state of the art & ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted."
Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)