Sick of adverts? Click here to join up for free and be rid of them.
Metro-Goldwyn Mayer presents an Alan Parker film by Roger Waters, designed by Gerald Scarfe with Bob Geldof as Pink.
THE WALL tells the story of a man named Pink Floyd who, as a child, lost his father in World War II. Being raised by an overprotective mother, Pink leads a dreary life, finally turning to drugs. As a result of the drugs and his gloomy memories, Pink spirals into a void of insanity.
Special DVD features include:
- New Hi Definition Telecine film transfer of the complete motion picture from the original wide screen interposition.
- Previously unreleased film footage.
- Remastered 5.1 Dolby Digital Soundtrack direct from the original master tapes.
- THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL - a 25 minute documentary about the making of the film.
- Running commentary from Roger Waters & Gerald Scarfe.
- RETROSPECTIVE - an exclusive new 45 minute documentary of interviews with Roger Waters, Gerald Scarfe, Alan Parker, Peter Biziou, Alan Marshall and James Guthrie.
- Original film trailer and production stills.
- Newly designed interactive menus.
- Subtitled, scene/song selection, and secret buttons.
- The film dialog will be subtitled in English, Japanese, French and either Italian or Spanish.
Many years ago I went to visit a mate in his new flat. He was there, and so were quite a few others. There also happened to be a party going on, so I grabbed a bevvie and joined in. After about 6 hours I realised I was quite drunk, possibly stoned from the smoke in the room, and quite quite out of my tree.
An hour later, and I was right fuzzed, despite the lack of anything to drink except water for that time. So when it got quiet and the host put The Wall tape on to play, we were all keen to park our butts and enjoy. Then we reached the scene near the end when 'Pink' shaves his chest. When I saw blood dribbling out of his chest where his right nipple used to be, I got sympathy pains to end all sympathy pains. I woke up about 2 hours later and was not a happy lad.
Now, 8 years down the track and I get a chance to see it again, but now on DVD. No booze, no party, no smoky air... and no freaking when Bob Geldof shaved off his nipple. Yay! So at last I was able to beat my mental demons and watch the whole movie without getting the creeps.
The artwork and imagery in this cinematic classic has to be seen to be believed. Keeping in mind it is converted from a film medium, the quality is still impressive. The story is just as compelling today as it was back in 1982 when it was first made. I found the comparisons to Nazi Germany, especially the pseudo-Hitler Youth, to be just as disturbing as when I first became aware of this movie. The levels of social commentary in this movie are astounding. Everything from the results of over-protective parenting to the downfalls of an addictive lifestyle of excess.
Overall, if you like Pink Floyd music, and you want something 'a little different' to put on the box, this should be at the top of your list.
Random listing from 'Music'...
Complete Opera on 2 CDs, Black Dog Opera Library presents one of the easiest, most popular, most informative ways to enjoy great opera.
In this kit you will find:
• The complete opera on two CDs featuring Renata Scotto, Carlo Bergonzi, Rolando Panerai, and Sir John Barbirolli conducting the Orchestra e Coro del Teatro dell'Opera di Roma.
• ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"WindowsXP is like Microsoft and AOL had a baby, then AOL dropped the baby on it's head."