Actively protects you from viruses, identity theft and social media dangers.
• Insight identifies which files and applications are safe and which are dangerous, using the combined feedback of more than 175 million Norton users.
• Norton Community Watch tracks virtually every file on the Internet for comprehensive global threat monitoring.
• SONAR Behavioral Protection detects the signs that a file is dangerous to proactively protect you from never-before-seen threats.
• Internet Protection System scours websites and social networking sites for suspicious links and content to identify the latest social networking scams.
• Download Insight and IP Address Insight prevent you from downloading files from websites that have a low reputation score within the Norton user community.
• Live 24x7 Threat Monitoring is backed by a network of Norton users who serve as your own personal Neighborhood Watch group.
• Scam Insight reviews a website's reputation and lets you know if it's safe to enter your personal information.
• Anti-phishing Technology blocks fraudulent "phishing" sites set up to steal your personal information.
• Identity Safe remembers, secures and automatically enters your usernames and passwords for you, so they can't be lost or stolen.
• Safe Web tells you if a website is unsafe before you visit it and it's too late. Safe Web for Facebook scans your Facebook Wall and News Feed for URLs containing security threats, such as phishing sites, malicious downloads and links to unsafe external sites.
• Network Mapping and Monitoring shows all the devices connected to your home network, so you can spot uninvited guests using your wireless connection and/or eavesdropping on you.
For full details, visit the Norton website: nz.norton.com/antivirus
I was given this antivirus software to review and was really pleased as my free subscription was two days from being out and big warning pop ups kept appearing. I am no computer genius - actually I am very far from it. I have this pretty snazzy laptop which is actually an ultra-book with a touch screen, running Windows 8.
I looked at the pack the software came in and it had a big label "CD ROM" on it. My heart dropped and I thought that I wouldn't be able to use it as my computer doesn't have a disc drive. I sought some IT help from the team at KIWIreviews and they said that there will be online instructions inside the packet and it would be fine. And viola, it was fine!
I opened it up and there was the CD ROM as the packaging had promised and a website link to go to if you wanted to use the downloaded version. It was very simple, there are 'Quick Installation' instructions and I had to enter the special code that is inside the package to verify I have 'paid' for it - or in this case sent for review (thanks!!)
After installing, I ran a virus scan on my whole computer and it didn't detect anything - which was great but I wasn't convinced it was doing its job. I have now had this installed for two weeks and tonight it popped up with a big "WARNING - THREAT DETECTED" box informing me that a virus had come in from somewhere and if I wanted to fix it. Which I did, so one click and Norton took care of it for me.
Whenever I download a document there is a pop up box that informs me the software has scanned the document and that it is safe to open, this is really reassuring and I love this feature. The coolest feature I think is that it virus checks my Facebook feed! After I had done a system scan I played around with the program and got it to sync to my Facebook and now it scans my newsfeed every few hours to ensure the content doesn't contain a virus. I think it's fantastic as I'm never sure about opening some links people post, so this is really reassuring to a non-computer geek such as I.
It has also installed a toolbar on Internet Explorer which allows me to share content with Facebook easily and safely. For all these extra features this is definitely a product I would pay for and it is a reasonable price in my opinion. I'm not such a fan of downloading free things and I like to ensure what I have works properly.
Random listing from 'Software'...
Publish, share, review, and mark up 3D designs in Intelligent Documents.
Adobe ® Acrobat ® 3D software enriches collaboration by enabling extended teams to use Adobe PDF documents to more securely and reliably communicate 3D design intent. Insert and publish 3D designs from major CAD applications in Adobe PDF documents that can easily be shared with suppliers, partners, and customers using free Adobe Reader ® 7.0* software.
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the Knock Out News Group. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, on the premise that they have been submitted as the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"Education is what you get when you read the fine-print. Experience is what you get when you don't."