Symantec's Norton AntiSpam 2005 filters out unwanted email to make your online communications safer and more enjoyable. Automatic identification of spam makes it easy to block messages you don't want, without interfering with your legitimate email. Norton AntiSpam can also flag messages that have offensive content and block intrusive online ads.
- NEW! Filters email coming to Yahoo! ® email accounts.
- NEW! Reduces your exposure to fraudulent email.
- NEW! Language-based filtering lets you block messages written in specific languages.
- NEW! Automatically synchronises its Allowed List with your Microsoft ® Outlook ®, Microsoft Outlook Express, or Eudora ® address book.
- Smart filtering engine learns what you consider legitimate mail by analysing your outgoing messages.
- Ad blocking speeds Web page download times and reduces screen clutter by eliminating pop-up, pop-under, and banner ads.
- Works with standard POP3 email programs, and automatically adds spam-fighting buttons to the toolbars of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, and Eudora.
- Enables Outlook users to filter junk mail from Hotmail ® and MSN ® Mail accounts.
- Blocked List lets you filter out messages from specific email addresses or entire Internet domains.
- LiveUpdate ™ automatically checks for new protection updates when you're online.*
* Twelve months of protection updates included with purchase of Norton AntiSpam 2005; annual subscriptions available for subsequent updates.
Windows XP Home Edition/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center
- 300MHz processor or higher
- 128 MB of RAM
Windows 2000 Professional (SP1 required)
- 133MHz processor or higher
- 64 MB of RAM
- 155MHz processor or higher
- 32 MB of RAM
REQUIRED FOR ALL INSTALLATIONS
- 80 MB of available hard disk space
- DVD or CD-ROM drive
- Microsoft ® Internet Explorer 5.5 browser or later
Email scanning supported for Yahoo! ® Mail, Yahoo! Mail Plus, and standard POP3 and SMTP-compatible email clients.
Having tried other Antispam software before with limited success I decided to give this latest offering from the team at Symantec a whirl and see how it performs.
Now normally to test this I would load this on a PC and then subscribe to as much spam as I could get. But lately i've been getting enough spam without signing up for more so I thought i'd let it go with my normal load of junk e-mail. One thing that especially impressed me was the option of rejecting e-mail by language. This caught my attention as lately i've been getting on average about 20 e-mails a week from random e-mail accounts all in an asian language.
So how did it go? Well after installing and doing the Liveupdates it was blocking appoximately 90-95% of my junk e-mail, not bad considering I hadn't even trained it yet.
So overall well worth buying to stop all those annoying e-mails that are trying to belittle all those men out there.
Random listing from 'Software'...
Kaspersky PURE gives you our ultimate protection for PCs. It's the security solution for all of your family's PCs, identities, passwords, documents, photos and more. In addition to our latest antivirus technologies, Kaspersky PURE delivers advanced protection and management features - including the ability to manage every PC in your home, via a ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?"