Sick of adverts? Click here to join up for free and be rid of them.
• Delicious in casseroles, stews & hotpots.
• Great as a BBQ marinade, baste (mop) or table sauce.
• Sprinkle over grated cheese on toast then grill.
• Makes a wonderful base for a Bolognaise.
• Use instead of tomato paste on pizza bases.
• Excites a Shepherd's Pie & makes the best 'Bloody Mary' in town.
• No fat, animal products, fish products or nuts.
• Low Gluten - made with Malt Vinegar.
• Low sodium - 249mg/100g
• Unlimited shelf life - actually improves with age!
• Requires no refrigeration.
We love worcester sauce but have never tried a hot worcester sauce before so was looking forward to giving this one ago. Like the other Sid's Sauce products, the packaging is simple, classy, easy to open and use. This one has the red label, which to me is indicative that the sauce is hot. The label states low gluten, so although not completely gluten free it is good to know there are low gluten varieties out there for those who choose a low gluten diet.
This sauce smells like a sweeter version of the traditional worcester sauces available on the market but it is slightly thicker and not as dark in colour. In tastes yum with just a slight kick and we enjoyed it in a mince dish, as well as added to plain rice to give it a different flavour (it was super yum), it was also very nice as a dip with hot chips and beef strips.
We are really enjoying the Sid's Sauce range and love how versatile they are but what is really exciting (and handy) is the fact that they don't have expiry dates as such as long as they are kept in a cool dark place, and that they do not need to be refridgerated. Of all the products we have tried to date we can not fault any of them and can not wait to try some more.
Random listing from 'Food'...
WARNING: This food does not LOOK appealing, but the taste is highly customisable and will appeal to anyone who enjoys tuna.
• 1 x 185g tin of Tuna in Brine or Spring Water (NOT oil)
• 1/4 to 1/2 a medium onion, chopped to preferred ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there."
Josh Billings (1818 - 1885)