• Keep your computer, your identity and your stuff safe with powerful, easy-to-use threat protection
• Seamlessly combines our protection technology and automated backup into one easy-to-use solution for PCs.
• Norton protection technology is proven to deliver effective protection from online threats.
• Four different layers of smart protection proactively detect and eliminate threats before they reach your computer.
• Identifies and stops new threats fast.
• Browse, shop, bank and socialize online without worry, annoying slowdowns or disruptions
• With more than 20 intelligent sensors and superior performance, Norton 360 Premier Edition protects you and keeps your PC running fast.
• Scans email and instant messages for viruses, suspicious links, infected attachments and other dangers before you open them.
• Identifies safe websites, proactively blocks unsafe sites and stops online threats before your browser even loads.
• Secures and remembers user names and passwords to prevent cybercriminals from hacking into your PC and swiping your information.
• Help protect your kids from Internet dangers with Norton Online Family
• Parental Controls Management lets you easily connect to Norton Online Family right from within your Norton Control Center.
• Lets you know what your kids are up to online by tracking which websites they visit, and allows you to block inappropriate sites.
• Keeps an eye on your kids' social network activities and who they're chatting with online, so you can spot potential dangers.
• Protect your photos, music, videos and other important stuff from loss with automatic backup
• Improved technology makes backing up your stuff easy.
• Automatically backs up and encrypts your important files, so you can get them back in case of a hard drive crash, natural disaster or other mishap.
• Safeguards your important stuff either online to our state-of-the-art data centers or to one of your external storage devices.
• Includes upto 25 GB of secured online storage - enough to store thousands of photos or songs.
• Online access lets you easily share photos, videos and other files with family and friends-whether they use a PC or Mac ®-by simply emailing them a link
• Keep your PC running fast
• Fine-tunes your PC's settings to keep it running at top speed.
• Frees up memory so applications start up and run faster.
• Removes unnecessary files to improve your computer's performance.
• Comprehensive Protection-detects and eliminates viruses, stops online threats, defends against online identity theft and safeguards your important stuff from loss.
• Norton Protection System - provides four unique layers of powerful protection that proactively stop online threats before they can infect your computer.
• Insight - checks where files came from and how long they've been around to stop new online threats before they can cause you trouble.
• Download Insight 2.0- protects you from dangerous applications before you install them by telling you if they are harmful.
• Norton Safe Web- warns you of potentially harmful websites and proactively blocks unsafe sites right in your search results.
• Automatic Backup - safely backs up your photos, music, financial documents and other important stuff to a disc, USB device or online to one of our secure data centers.
• PC Tuneup:- fine tunes key system settings, frees up memory and removes unnecessary clutter from your computer's hard drive to help keep your PC running fast.
• Norton Management - cloud-based management lets you download, install, transfer, update or renew your Norton products from anywhere, right over the Internet.
• Norton Identity Safe - secures, remembers and automatically enters your user names and passwords as you type. Now includes an online version, so you can share logins with other computers that are protected by the latest Norton products.
• Parental Controls Management - lets you track your kids' online activities through Norton Online Family, so you can help protect them from online dangers.
• Norton Bootable Recovery Tool - creates an emergency CD/DVD/USB that gets your PC back up and running even if it's so infected that it won't start up.
• Web-Based Backup Access - lets you download and share photos, videos and other stuff you've backed up online, anytime, anywhere, through a password-protected Web page only you can access.
• Network Threat Protection - detects threats as they travel over a network and eliminates them before they can reach your computer.
• Browser Protection - proactively protects you by checking for and blocking online threats as your browser loads, to stop online threats before they can do damage.
• SONAR 4 Behavioral Protection - monitors your computer for suspicious behavior to more quickly and accurately detect new threats and stop them in their tracks.
• Norton Safe Web for Facebook - scans your News Feed for dangerous downloads and links to unsafe websites, and warns you and your Facebook friends about them.
• FREE 24x7 Support - offers you expert help and answers by phone, email, live chat or online whenever you need them.
• Vulnerability Protection - stops cybercriminals from sneaking threats onto your PC through security holes (vulnerabilities) in applications.
• Antiphishing Technology - blocks dangerous websites that cybercriminals use to steal your identity and your money.
• Bandwidth Management - limits non-critical Norton updates when you connect to 3G networks to avoid using up your monthly data allotment or causing overage fees.
• Norton Pulse Updates - updates your protection every 5 to 15 minutes-without disrupting you-for up-to-the-minute protection against the latest threats.
• Email and Instant Message Monitoring - scans email and IMs for suspicious links, attachments and other tricks cybercriminals use to steal your identity and your money.
• Smart Two-Way Firewall - prevents cybercriminals from hacking into your PC and stealing your personal information-without constantly asking you to make the security decisions.
• Professional-Strength Spam Blocking - keeps your mailbox free of unwanted, dangerous and fraudulent emails.
• Network Mapping and Monitoring - shows all the devices connected to your home network, so you can spot uninvited guests using your wireless connection and/or eavesdropping on you.
• Silent Mode - puts alerts and noncritical updates on hold when you're watching movies or playing games in full-screen mode on your PC.
• Start-Up Manager - helps reduce the time it takes your computer to start up.
• Smart Scheduler - runs scans and updates only when you're not using your PC.
• Monthly Report- tells you what Norton 360 has done in the previous month to keep you safe from threats.
• Power Saver Settings - maximizes your laptop's battery life by putting off noncritical activities until your computer is plugged in.
Well this time i'm sure the install was smoother than last time, in fact I think the upgrade from v5.0 to v6.0 was the smoothest I have ever had. There was no "uninstalling the old version" messages, and no reboots before it installed the new version, in fact it was all done and dusted within 10 minutes and that time includes the reboot to finalise the install and initialise the new version. So far - colour me impressed.
The next test is to check it's performance, and as near as I can tell, it seems to be very similar to that of v5.0 which is perfectly fine with me as that performance was outstanding on my test bed machine.
Right first major test was the firewall, and once again using the site www.grc.com it's results were exactly the same as v5.0, in fact i'd be worried if they weren't
Next was the Anti-Spam and this seems to be slightly better than v5.0, and this is probably due to the tweaking of the spam filtering engine since v5.0, and of course this is also largely dependant on keeping your N360 up to date, as there are new spam rules coming out constantly.
Right, on to the Anti-Virus, and once again I used my purpose built CD and once again the results were pretty much in line with those of v5.0.
But where N360 really comes into it's own is the extras that you get that aren't in the standard Internet Security & Anti-Virus versions. What you get are the Backup and Restore, and the PC-Tuneup.
Firstly, the Backup and Restore is a great tool, and gives you some great options for backing up. FIrstly you get an option of online (Cloud) backup storage from Symantec which can either be 2GB or 25GB (if you purchased the premium version of N360 v6), this is an okay option as long as you have a good internet connection, and you don't end up going over your data cap. Another option is external storage such as an external HDD, and of course there is the option for those computer geeks like myself out there where you can backup to a networked drive, such as a NAS drive or just a network share on another PC. The backup time does of course depend on your choice of storage,with external storage being the top and cloud storage being the slowest.
And of course then there is the PC-Tuneup, this is essentially the same tools that Symantec shipped in the original Systemworks but of course these new tools are far superior and more effective than those from a half-decade ago. With these tools set to run at optimal times your PC will be stay humming like a well oiled machine.
Random listing from 'Software'...
Standard TUMONZ includes full functionality plus these NZ wide data sets: Topographic vector including NZ roads in 8 classes and addresses, full series of NZMS260 topo scanned maps, satellite photos, property Module for 3-4 million parcels. The comprehensive functions include: Map building, 3D, trip planning, upload to Google Earth, Search, Export, Print, Books, and much more.
• Standard TUMONZ (v3)
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"I like this place, and willingly would waste my time in it."
William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), As You Like It