The highest-rated racing franchise of this generation returns. Unrivaled in its innovation and quality, "Forza Motorsport 4" pushes the racing genre forward, delivering the most stunning graphics ever seen on the Xbox 360 platform, radical experiences only possible with Kinect, groundbreaking social features through Xbox LIVE, and a landslide of new content, cars and new ways to play.
• Platform-defining graphics. "Forza Motorsport 4" sets a new graphical standard for the racing genre. Featuring dramatic Hollywood-style camera effects and an all new lighting engine, "Forza Motorsport 4" creates an unparalleled, dramatically realistic graphical experience - all running at a silky-smooth 60 frames per second.
• Xbox LIVE showpiece. "Forza Motorsport 4" is making racing more social than ever. Create a Car Club and build the ultimate dream team of drivers, tuners and painters from the "Forza" community. Share your custom cars and dominate the other clubs. With the all-new Rivals Mode, play against your friends whether they are online or not by challenging them for bragging rights and rewards in a variety of different game types.
• Industry-leading innovation with Kinect. Autovista Mode brings the automotive experience comes to life. Walk around the car in a virtual showroom, crouch down to look at the details, or open the doors and hood using the power of Kinect. Immerse yourself with Kinect Head Tracking, which pans the camera view based on how you naturally look into the corners when you're hard charging. Take the virtual wheel with Kinect as you sit on the couch with your friends and family - no controller required. You can even take advantage of Kinect voice control to easily navigate the game's menu.
• More of what you love. With more than 80 manufacturers, the most in any racing game available today, "Forza Motorsport 4" features unrivaled diversity and more of the cars you love. The all new World Tour Mode boasts new tracks, unending choice and hundreds of hours of gameplay as you travel the globe with your favorite car. With the most accurate physics engine, cockpits and damage on every car and assists that allow even the most casual player to race, "Forza Motorsport 4" redefines the genre.
The Forza series of games has gone from strength to strength with each game in the series, in fact I feel that it is now the premier racing game on any of the competing consoles.
The selection of cars in this latest offering is absolutely staggering with a total of 500 cars on offer (including DLC) from all the major manufacturers as well as a large number of the independants as well.
This the fourth offering is rather unique in the fact that it now supports the use of the Kinect sensor for various features in the game. The first and most obvious is the virtual tour or Autovista where you can walk around your car, open the door, open the hood, get in the car, in fact almost anything. The next (and personally the most difficult to use for me so far) are the car controls. These are where you can drive the car using your body alone, sitting on the sofa. There is also the head movement where you can turn your head in the game enviroment just by tilting your head, I had some trouble with this as well, but I think I needed to re calibrate the kinect to get this working acurately.
Another feature which is becoming more apparent in Kinect supported games is the voice control, in this game you can coast through the menus using your voice alone, and this is actually easier than it seems.
Another innovation I particularly liked was the ability to import your driver's level from the previous game Forza 3 and that this would give you extra bonuses in starting out in this one.
The driving dynamics in this cannot be flawed and the graphics look absolutely stunning, the car and enviroments are so realistic it's hard to realise that it's all just a digital representation. Also of the extras that generally come with these games my favourite in this one has to be the addition of the Top Gear test track, this is something I have been dying to race around virtually for many a year, and now I finally get to do it.......
Random listing from 'Games & Puzzles'...
Your heart's pounding. Your hands start to shake. Just pull this one stick and you're home free. Oh no - there goes another Tumblin' Monkey! Easy to learn and fun to play, Tumblin' Monkeys is full of surprises.
• Place the monkeys in the tree and move the sticks according to the ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?"