Take your media library with you. Stream it to your iPad or Android tablet.
• Take more than 300 HD movies on-the-go
• Stream media over Wi-Fi to 3 devices at the same time
• Automatically sync media and documents from your PC or Mac computer
• Up to 5 hours battery life
• Stream to almost any Wi-Fi enabled device using a web browser or the free app optimized for iPad - including laptops, Android phones and tablets.
• Includes USB 3.0 connectivity for fast data transfers (fully compatible with USB 2.0)
• Other available interfaces include FireWire 800 and powered eSATA (sold separately)
• iPad, smartphone, tablet or computer with a web browser and Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11 b/g/n)
• PC or Mac computer running Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP or Mac OS 10.5.8 or later operating system for loading media on to GoFlex Satellite mobile wireless storage device via USB
• SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port (required for USB 3.0 transfer speeds) or USB 2.0 port
For those of us still living back in the stone age with hard drives of 10-70GBs this little baby is really a must have. Way to free up some space on the hard drive and get your computer (or laptop as the case may be) moving again. It does need a bit of setting up and sorting out ... but probably less than it took me if you have a better handle on technology and programmes. Sitll it is easy enough that even a girl can do it - and I am allowed to say that because I am a girl.
When I first learned of this device, I thought "cool, a flash external hard drive!" But this baby really does have distinct advantages that set it apart. Slip it in your pocket (or handbag) and off you go - the young ones in the back seat can watch what they like on those long drives (since most of them have flash as mobile phones these days anyway) and of course you can still watch those movies yourself without them cluttering your drive.
Perhaps more importantly, this devise has the WOW factor .... "I want one!" is the usual response when others see me using it - particularly the blokes - making it an ideal gift for the bloke who is shedless.
Random listing from 'Computer Hardware'...
• Minimum of 10MB/second* sequential read speed for ultra-fast image viewing and data transfer
• Minimum 9MB/second* sequential write speed lets you capture large image files faster
• Backed by a lifetime limited warranty
• Low power consumption for ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989