WELCOME TO VALENTINES PALMERSTON NORTH
Address: 227 Featherston Street, Palmerston North Phone: 06 354 7845 - Fax: 06 354 7840
We are a fully licensed buffet restaurant, with an awesome range of tasty dishes which cover a wide range of tastes from contemporary dishes through to old favourites, as well as a substantial choice of seafood. An indicative sample includes:
• Starters of creamy country pumpkin, mushroom or spicy tomato soup, our famous seafood chowder, garlic bread or pizza.
• Seafood entrees from our wide variety which includes pacific oysters & prawns (at night), shrimps, marinated mussels, sushi (at night), surimi, calamari, marinated fish, smoked Hoki and lemon/ginger crabsticks.
• A selection of hot dishes which include curries, chicken, fish, vegetarian samosas, roast beef, baked ham, Texan spare ribs, seafood mornay, garden fresh vegetables and fries cooked only in healthy canola oil.
• A wide range of cold meats including ham off the bone, bier sticks, salami, chicken and roast pork, a selection of pickles and sauces, and eight awesome salads.
• Dessert from our delicious range including; Dutch apple crumble, brandy snaps, pavlova, cheesecakes, hot dessert of the day (currently Sticky date pudding), trifle, Mississippi Chocolate Mud cake, chocolate log, fresh fruit salad, chocolate mousse, jellies, a snow freeze machine, hot fudge and an assortment of slices and cookies.
• A cheese board selection to enjoy with bottomless filter coffee and a choice of many different Lipton teas for only $1.50 per person.
Available from 12.00 noon Monday to Friday and from 11.30am Saturday & Sunday
Available from 5.30pm every night.
Our lounge is open with full bar service both before and after your meal to enjoy with the company of friends. We have a full range of espresso coffees and tantalising cocktails available from the bar.
We are very proud of our food selection and quality, which our guests tell us, is second to none.
Special group rates are available for groups with 10 or more adults.
Payment is gladly accepted by: Cash, EftPos, Farmers Card, Visa, MasterCard, Diners, Amex but sorry we do not accept cheques.
For enquiries and bookings phone us on (06) 354 7845 - we look forward to meeting you.
It was about two months ago i was visiting family in Palmerston North and the kids wanted to go out for dinner , and they chose Valentines . The location was handy and close to the motel and had good parking , venue was nice and well presented plus the staff were great , so off to a good start . The big let down was the food , it was well presented but lacked taste seemed to be rubbery and what i would describe as plastic food . The highlight was pudding but how can you muck up ice cream . But the kids enjoyed it so not all was lost , i dont think i would rush back or advise any friends to dine there .
Dined in for a birthday dinner on a Saturday night. We were shown to our seats by a very lovely lady, who asked us if we would like drinks but then bought over the wrong type of beer. It was quickly exchanged for the correct one. Took a plate and began loading up.
Valentines has a pretty good selection of food, but the quality of the food had me wishing I had never agreed to going there. I could not bite the garlic bread as it was so stale and hard. As I ate my lukewarm, bordering on cold squid rings, chicken nibbles and 'hot' ham which I had taken from the 'hot' servery, I began to worry about possible food poisoning. The steak isn't freshly cooked and bought to you anymore, it is cooked and dumped into a tray in the hot servery area. It was full of gristle and extremely tough. I didn't touch the roast beef as it looked so dry I was worried about choking on it. The only yummy thing was the hot chips. But never again will I pay almost $30 to enjoy hot chips and nothing else.
The dessert was ho hum, nowhere near the quality it used to be. The brandy snaps were burnt, and the icecream (soft serve) was 'runny serve'. I kid you not. One thing I did enjoy was the fresh pineapple. Cheese and crackers to round off the meal? I should have known to quit while I was ahead. There was one type of cheese and it was dried and hard.
Valentines needs to stop trying to make the food look pretty with all the fancy garnishes and serving areas, and concentrate on producing some quality dishes. They have lost two customers.
Random listing from 'Food'...
This hand-made Italian style stonebaked loaf is topped with balsamic roasted onions, parmesan and tasty cheese, then finished with herb butter.
To experience the delicious taste of this authentic bread, simply heat and eat.
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"I like this place, and willingly would waste my time in it."
William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), As You Like It