Why Choose Norton Internet Security 2011?
• Lets you email, chat and surf the web without worrying about cybercriminals ripping you off.
• Delivers the industry's fastest security suite for protection from online dangers without sacrificing performance.
• Guards against online identity theft so you can shop, bank and visit social networks with confidence.
• Updates automatically, offers easy-to-use features and includes free customer support during your subscription period.
Email, chat and surf the web without worry
• Norton Reputation Service: instantly checks where files came from and how long they've been around to identify and stop new crimeware faster than other, less sophisticated security software.
• Norton Protection System uses several overlapping layers of protection that work together to stop viruses, spyware and other online attacks.
• Norton Download Insight warns you if a downloaded file or application is dangerous before you install or run it on your PC.
• Norton File Insight gives you detailed information about the files found on your PC including where the file came from (the website URL) and if it can be trusted.
• Norton Pulse Updates run in the background and provide mini updates every 5 to 15 minutes - more frequently than the nearest competitor - for the latest protection against online threats.
I remember back when the worst virus you had to contend with was one that would wipe your HDD, now we live in a time when a malicious piece of code can now effectively steal your entire identity. So it stands to reason that as the threat against our data changes, then the tool to counter that threat must also change, and change they have. I have been an avid user of Nortons for many number of years, and I have to be honest there was a time in the past when my loyalty did falter, this was the time when their products had become synonymous with slowness and resource hogging..... Well those days are long gone now.
Norton Internet Security (NIS) 2011 is the fastest version I have seen from Symantec for many years, it certainly is faster than the 2009 version which I reviewed back in December 2008, and that version was the first of the new breed slimmer, faster and more effective products.
So what's new in this version of NIS? Well with this currently being the age of Social Networking a welcome addition to the NIS suite is the new Facebook Scan app, which checks links on Facebook to determine if they connect to any sites containing malware. Also new is the Norton Power Eraser utility (which can also be downloaded for free), that'll hunt down and kill malware that is otherwise undetectable using traditional antivirus software, these two additions alone make this worth the purchase, but as they say on those annoying infomercials.... but wait there's more...... We also have a new addition to the System Insight monitor (this little tool watches system performance), the System Insight monitor now also watches currently running applications and will issue an alert if an application is slowing your PC down, so you can quickly identify those troublesome apps and get you PC running as quickly as it can.
Also included is a new and improved Norton Bootable Recovery Tool which is basically a last resort option to purge an nasty infections that you can't get rid of by any other methods. The new and improved version has a user friendly wizard that can create boot CDs as well as bootable USB drives, the latter being a perfect at a time when netbooks are becoming more and more prevalent.
So is this new version worth the purchase price? Hell yes this is a tool that you really shouldn't be without.
Random listing from 'Software'...
Professional Presentation Software capable of stunning Multimedia Slideshows. Brandishing dynamic sound, 3D Animation and cinematic quality special effects, Liquid Media pushes the boundaries of traditional Presentation Software and will create more impact upon your ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"Why do toasters always have a setting so high that could burn the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?"