Dumplings are popular for all occasions and eaten all year round.
• Fantastic as finger food
• Great side dish to rice, noodles or veggies
• Nice eaten cold in lunch boxes
• Party & BBQ favourites
• Healthy in chicken broth soup
• Fantastic with any pasta sauce
Healthy: These dumpling contain no added MSG, preservatives, artificial colours or additives and are 95% fat free.
Easy: Takes no more than 5 to 10 mins straight from the freezer to cook.
Versatile: Panfried, steamed, boiled, baked, deep fried or use in soups or as pasta.
Yummy: Taste the freshness of ingredients in every bite.
These dumplings from Leanne's Kitchen are full of healthy ingredients. You won't find any product that tastes better, healthier, easier or faster to cook that is made in N.Z. These dumplings also comply with the Food & Beverage Classification System for everyday use in schools, so it's a perfect food for the young and old. Kids just love them.
Available in a range of flavours:
• Chicken & Veges: Everyone's favorite, has the right balance of carbs, vegetables and meat. Fantastic with pasta sauces.
• Pork & Cabbage: Taste the traditional Chinese dumpling with flavourful pork mixed with cabbage. Experience the real taste of China.
• Seafood & Veges: For Seafood lovers. Contains prawn meat and noodles. Fantastic in a cream sauce or soup.
• Vegetarian: Every vegetarian's delight, with the authentic taste of Chinese mushrooms, vermicelli noodles and mixed vegetables.
• Chicken & Prawn: The freshest ingredients from both land and sea come together in our sensational Chicken & Prawn Dumplings!
• Pork & Prawn: Your taste buds never lie as you bite into these beautiful Pork and Cabbage Dumplings.
Look out for them in your local supermarket frozens department.
These I found to be a bit bland. I could taste fresh ginger, onion, pepper & star anise. The cabbage was nice, I liked the texture. The dumplings are well filled for the size. Maybe these are modified for children as regards flavour, but children aren't great cabbage eaters even in small pieces. NZ is very cosmopolitan & so are our tastebuds so I reckon the flavourings could be lifted. I tried these oven baked (my favourite way), microwaved, pan fried & boiled. Actually these go very well with a pasta sauce, then the flavour can be subtle. So really it's all in the way/what with, you serve them.
I love pork, i repeat, i love pork but these just didnt do it for me. I steamed/fried these and although they came out a nice golden colour, i took a bite and just couldn't do it. I wound up giving what was left of mine to the dog. There is just something about eating something that tastes like a version of half chewed on food to me that doesn't appeal.
In my panel of 10, this product came a 4th in favour of the 6 we tried.
Random listing from 'Food'...
The newest addition to the Proper Crisps range is Proper Kumara Crisps! Made with a medley of Kumara Varieties sourced from Kaipara, New Zealand. Red Kumara (Owairaka), Gold Kumara (Toka Toka), Orange Kumara (Beauregard). The ingredient list is simple: Kumara, Rice Bran Oil and Sea Salt. The salt used is NZ sourced, from the Lake Grassmere salt flats in the Marlborough region.
These crisps, like all of the Proper Crisps range, are ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."