The revolutionary design of the Arc Mouse combines the comfort of a desktop mouse and the portability of a notebook mouse. Arc Mouse folds to 60% of its fully expanded size when you're on the go. Two colour options to match your personal style.
• 2.4 GHz - 10 m Wireless Range The 2.4 GHz wireless USB micro-transceiver connects wirelessly right out of the box with virtually no interference and has up to a 10 metre wireless range.
• Folds For Portability Mouse folds to 60% of its fully expanded size using the strong metal hinge. Folding the mouse closed automatically turns it off.
• Scroll Wheel Save time and effort with the scroll wheel - navigate documents and Web pages without using the on-screen scroll bar.
• Battery Status Indicator You won't get caught with a dead battery - the Battery Status LED Indicator glows red when the battery is running low.
• Snap-in Transceiver Micro-Transceiver snaps into the bottom of the mouse.
• One-touch access to Windows Flip 3D* Allows you to flip through open windows in a stack and quickly switch between applications for added productivity.
• Customisable Buttons Get quick access to the media, programs and files you use most often with customisable buttons.
• Comfort for Either Hand Use your mouse with your left or right hand - ambidextrous design makes it comfortable either way.
• Ergonomic Design Point and click in comfort - ergonomic design helps you work longer without discomfort.
• 6+ Months Battery Life Work with less interruption with longer battery life.
• Laptop/Notebook Mobile Compact and comfortable, our handy notebook and laptop products are designed for convenience and mobility.
• Snap-in Receiver Plug in the snap-in receiver when you're ready to work, then snap it into your mouse when you travel, preserving battery life.
• Laser Technology Microsoft Laser Mouse products are more precise, more responsive and deliver smoother tracking.
* To add additional features to your mouse such as Flip 3D and Magnifier, download Microsoft IntelliPoint
Just when you thought you had seen it all, Microsoft comes out with something really impressive! A full-sized mouse that stores like a laptop mouse sounds like something that escaped from the Transformers movie to me, but here it is... the Microsoft Arc mouse.
Take a normal sized mouse... put it on a chronic weight-loss program by removing most of the surplus electronics and shrinking the rest to the limit of consumer-level technology, add wireless technology and a miniturised tranceiver that attaches to the base of the mouse with a small magnet, give it a range of funky colours, and glossy black and white of course, cut it in half and stick in a hinge... and you have the next best thing to hit the portable computing market since mobile broadband.
It has all the usual buttons: left and right click, clickable scrollwheel, and a '< Back' button under your thumb. Somehow, they have managed to cram an entire mouse into less than a third of the volume of a normal mouse, leaving room for a battery compartment, and the whole folding paradigm. Frankly, I don't know whether to be impressed, or infatuated!
To use, it's as easy, if not easier, to use than a normal mouse. With my standard mouse it scrapes around the desktop, slowly polishing it smooth... this mouse glides. Just glides. And with a far higher reporting rate than I was expecting, a slight twitch can send your cursor careening off the screen at a great rate of knots if you aren't ready for it. Usability Tip #1: Pay a visit to the "mouse" settings in control panel, and lower the rate a few clicks. It would have been nice to have a variable rate selecton on the mouse itself, much like Logitech's G5 offering, but on a mouse this compact, you can't expect everything.
Overall, the ability to fold it up and stuff it away in the laptop case, but have the feeling and functionality of a full-sized mouse is just a wonderous boon to those of us with hands bigger than a pixie's. Gone is that annoying cramping after half an hour of mousing while waiting for the next train. Quite simply, this is the benchmark for mousing innovation for the next year to come. Can't wait to see what they come out with next! Only two small comments I need to make: 1) I wish there was a way to over-ride the battery cutoff when it's folded, because there have been a few times when I wanted to take advantage of the high reporting resolution, and use it in confined spaces. This would have been practical if I could use the mouse in it's folded configuration... and 2) I just LOVE the way unpacking it reminds me of the old Star Trek communicators from Captain Kirk days. It's just total geek-appeal as far as I am concerned!
Random listing from 'Computer Hardware'...
The AC3200 ULTRA Wi-Fi Modem Router is like having a modem and three wireless routers in one. It has a 2.4GHz wireless band offering speeds up to 600Mbps and two separate 5GHz wireless bands delivering speeds up to 1,300Mbps that all operate at the same time. That means more lag free online gaming, 4k media streaming, and Facetime on more devices ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"If the temperature is zero outside today and it's going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be?"