This cable may look like any ordinary cable, but it is not! It provides a fast and simple way to transfer data between computers without additional software or a network connection. The software is embedded in the 2MB memory of the USB cable, so just plug and play.
• Cable Length:1.5 m
• Contents: Mobile Data Sync USB Cable; Carrying Pouch; Quick Start Guide
• Intel Pentium 133MHz, or better based computer; One standard USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 (recommended) port; Supports Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Mac ® OS X and later
• Driver required for Windows 98.
• Software included inside USB cable: With EasySuite software embedded on 2MB of memory within the USB cable
• Mac and PC Compatible: EasySuite can host and transfer files from Mac-to-PC, PC-to-Mac, Mac-to-Mac & PC-to-PC
• Features of EasySuite: EasySync where it can synchronise PC to Pc files and emails for Outlook, EasyMover to move & convert settings from one PC to another (music, video, photos, files) & EasyMacCopy a bi-directional Mac to Mac file
• Transfer files, settings, email and more: Drag-and-drop entire files or file folders from one computer to another
• Limited One Year
Being an IT technician I am always in need of devices that allow me to do my job easier and also less hassle, and this is one of those such devices.
More and more people are upgrading their PC's these days, however unlike in the past when they would buy more RAM, a bigger & better CPU or maybe a new Graphics Card, these days with the price of PC's being as low as they are most are just opting to buy a whole new PC, and then give their old PC to their son/daughter etc.
While this is a great idea, the age old problem of how to transfer all your settings and files from your old PC to your new one has been the bane of us all, but now with this little unit that problem is a thing if the past. You simply plug it in and wait for it to install itself and for the software to startup on both PC's and away you go.
The software that is embedded in the device is both comprehensive and easy to use. You can do as basic things as drag and drop from one PC to another, or you can choose to do more complex tasks like synchronising between two PC's, transferring your settings and even your email (but only if you are using Outlook as your mail client).
There are other brands of this cable out there but many of them I have seen come with a CD that has to be installed and this to me is just 1 step to many, so I am pleased that Targus has taken the simpler and more effective route with this data transfer cable.
Random listing from 'Computer Hardware'...
The affordable ZXP Series 3 direct-to-card printer is the best-in-class choice. Utilizing ZRaster host-based image processing technology and True Colours ix Series high-performance ribbons, the ZXP Series 3 achieves fast print speeds and high image quality. The ZXP3 is compact, enabling it to fit into even the smallest of work spaces and is ... more...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"Education is what you get when you read the fine-print. Experience is what you get when you don't."