Somewhere in the Universe, there must be something better than man!
A legendary masterpiece, with enhanced sound and picture quality, the 1967 sci-fi classic Planet Of The Apes comes to DVD. Charlton Heston and Roddy McDowall star in this legendary science fiction masterpiece. Astronaut Taylor crash-lands on a distant planet ruled by apes who use a primitive race of humans for experimentation and sport. Soon Taylor finds himself among the hunted, his life in the hands of a benevolent chimpanzee scientist. Winner of an Honorary Academy Award for Outstanding Make-up Achievement and nominated for two Oscars, (1968 Best Costume Design and Best Original Score) Planet of the Apes is grand entertainment from its visually arresting beginning to its chilling last moment.
• 3 HOURS OF BONUS MATERIAL!
• Audio commentary by cast members Roddy McDowell, Natalie Trundy, Kim Hunter and make up artist John Chambers
• Audio commentary by composer Jerry Goldsmith
• Text based commentary by Eric Greene, author of Planet Of The Apes As American Myth
• Documentary - Behind The Planet Of The Apes
• Make up test with Edward G Robinson
• Roddy McDowell's home movies
• Planet Of The Apes - 1967 NATO Presentations
• Planet Of The Apes featurette
• Featurette - A Look Behind Planet Of The Apes
• Featurette - Don Taylor Directs Escape From The Planet Of The Apes
• Featurette - J. Lee Thompson Directs Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes
• Six original theatrical trailers
• Stills gallery
• 5 self advancing galleries with audio
I fell in love with this movie when I first saw it, back when I was a young boy (it was already at least a decade old by then), I was just totally blown away by the realism of the apes.
When I got older and possibly a little wiser I began to understand the political and social commentary that was woven into this tale of a man struggling to make sense of his situation.
So when I saw this cinematic masterpiece on sale at a local store I just had to have it, and when I saw the extra features included in this two disk set I knew I had gotten myself a real good deal.
This is one film I can easily watch over and over again, and for those of you who have not seen this visually stunning tale (or the 2001 remake by Tim Burton) I cannot encourage you enough to go watch this film and I hope you are as stunned by the ending as I was the first time I saw it.
Random listing from 'Movies'...
All trademarks, images and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective companies.
KIWIreviews is an independent entity, part of the ePLURIBUS.nz Network. This is a free public forum presenting user opinions on selected products, and as such the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinion of KIWIreviews.co.nz and are protected under New Zealand law by the "Honest Opinion" clause of the Defamation Act of 1992. KIWIreviews accepts no liability for statements made on this site, under the assumption that they are the true and honest opinions of the individual posters. In most cases, prices and dates stated are approximate and should be considered as only guidelines.
"Do married people live longer than single ones or does it only seem longer?"